Pages

Friday, March 17, 2023

Peace That Passes Understanding

I’ve mentioned before the scripture writing study I am participating in, and yesterday's writing had us beginning with the book of Philippians. 

As is my routine, after I write each day's scripture to look back at the comments from group members on the previous day's writings. 

This morning I looked back on the comments from Philippians 1:1-4 and found such encouragement that I felt compelled to share it.  I hope it blesses you as much as its blessing me …

Peace that Passes Understanding

Paul is in prison in Rome being persecuted for Christ’s sake, yet he possessed a peace that passed understanding.

Philippians 4:7 … And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

That peace comes from being in a right relationship with God and from the knowledge of His Word.

Romans 5:1 … Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Because we are in a right relationship with God, He is with us.

Romans 8:31-34 …  What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?  Who will bring a charge against God’s elect?  God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns?  Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather Who was raised, Who is a the right hand of God, Who also intercedes for us.

Because we are in a right relationship with God, He cares for us.

I Peter 5:7 … casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

Because we are in a right relationship with God, He protects us.

I Peter 3:13-14 … who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?  But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed.  And do not fear their intimation, and do not be troubled.

This was so comforting to me this morning.  It’s my prayer that I make choices that will keep me in a right relationship with God.  I’m going to mark this brief study in my Bible as a reminder that my choices do matter and as a reminder of just some of the benefits of being a child of God.

May you be blessed by what you’ve read!

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

(c) 2023 by Patsy Norwood.  All Rights Reserved.

2 comments: