Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

How I Set Up My Prayer Journal, part 2

In part one I shared how I set up my prayer planner/journal using a monthly layout.

(picture on left:  monthly layout from part one)

In part 2, I'm going to share how I use the weekly layouts in my prayer planner.

Here's what my weekly page layout (below) looks like:

I start with a clean page and add the stickers myself.  When adding stickers, I try to place them in places that won't typically get a lot of writing.  Of course, when starting with a 'plain' layout, you can embellish it anyway you want, I choose to keep it simple and leave space for writing.


As you can see from the layout, I have specific prayers that I focus on for every day of the week.

On Monday, I focus on my husband. I pray for encouragement, strength and any area that he might be struggling in.  I also pray that God would bless Him abundantly.  I pray Scripture over him and for safe keeping from Satan's attacks.  I also pray that I be the kind of wife he needs that makes his journey easier.

On Tuesday, I focus on my children and grandchildren.  I call them by name and pray individually for each.  I pray that their parents will guide and teach them the truth of God's word and I pray for anything that is important in their little hearts and minds.  I pray for protection from the evil one for them.

For their parents, my children, I pray for guidance and spiritual wisdom for them.  I pray that their eyes be opened to Satan's ways and tactics and that they have the strength to stand on God's word.  I pray that they know that God loves them even more than their dad and I do.  I pray for protection from the evil one for them as well.

On Wednesday, I focus on close friends and family.  These are the people that I can reach out to at the drop of a hat and know that they are there for me.  These are the people that keep me going and expect nothing in return, these are the people that are truly gifts from God in my journey to heaven. Hence, they have their own day where I go before God on their behalves, anything that concerns them is prayed about.  I pray for each of them by name asking God to abundantly bless them and to protect them from the evil one.

On Thursday, I pray for myself!  Oh yes, I do!  Even though I'm in the fall/winter season of life, I'm still a work in progress and no one knows the things I struggle with more than I do.  I pray for wisdom, guidance and discernment in all that I do so that others can see God living in me.  I pray for anything I'm personally struggling with physically and spiritually.  I just pour it all out to God sharing my heart with Him.  I pray for protection from the evil one for myself also.

On Friday, I pray for the Church worldwide, our local congregation and for my church family.  I pray for the spiritual growth of the Church worldwide as well as local and I pray for the numerical growth of both as well.  I pray for any issues that the Church is dealing with, both local and worldwide.  I pray for unity and for the strength to stand on God's Word. I pray for its protection as a whole from the evil one.

I pray for our local church family.  I pray for individual needs and for any spiritual obstacles they are dealing with/facing.  I pray for unity here as well and for its spiritual and numerical growth.  I pray for its protection from the evil one as well.

On Saturday, I pray for world leaders and events.  I pray for wisdom for world leaders and that they seek God's guidance in all their decision making.  I pray for world events and that those involved in the decision making of these events will seek God's wisdom and consider the effects of said decisions on those they govern.   I pray for world peace.

On Sunday, I pray for the unsaved and prodigals.  I pray for them as a whole and call by name those I know specifically.   I pray that they come to realize that God loves them, really loves them and longs for them to come to Him or come back to Him.  I pray that the binding Satan has them bound up in be loosed.

In addition to the above daily focuses, I write down any specific prayers that I've been asked to pray about on the appropriate day.   This is also where I make note when and how prayers are answered.  Being able to go back and look at answered prayers is a great faith builder!

As you can see, my 'prayer closet' time is specific and in-depth.  I take my prayer time with God seriously and don't put a time limit on it.  I look at this time as an appointment with God that I try not to miss.  I try not to miss doctor appointments or any other appointments I have on my calendar, how much more important is a set aside appointment time with God in prayer.

This is how I utilize the weekly spread of my prayer planner, but it's not the only time that I pray.  I'm not naive enough to think that everything is always going to work out where I can go to my 'prayer closet' when needed (Satan works hard at trying to keep that from happening.)  Other times that I pray are:  

in those minutes of waking up in the mornings from a night's sleep  
(It has long been my prayer that God wakes me up with prayer or a song of praise on my heart every morning.)

throughout my day anytime I feel the need to pray
(If I'm dealing with or praying for a difficult situation, I can set a timer to remind me to stop and pray over the issue every hour on the hour or whatever time frame I decide.)

as I'm falling asleep at night
(Here again it has long been my prayer that God allows me to fall asleep with a prayer or song of praise on my heart every night.)

one more ... in the middle of the night
(I pray for a song of praise or a prayer on my heart during those awake moments or when I'm having trouble sleeping even in the middle of the night.)

Lastly, look at the 'notes' section at the bottom of the page on the right.  This is where I write inspirational quotes, Scriptures of encouragement or further notes on anything I'm praying about.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
In part 3, found HERE, I'll share how I tie the monthly layout and the weekly spread together as we wrap up this series on 'How I Set Up My Prayer Journal.'

May God be gloried in all that we do,

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

(c) 2022 by Patsy Norwood  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment