Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2024

Class Notes: Women of the Bible Series

I was all set to begin our study on Rahab this week, but I never even started it!

pictured:  the handout I had prepared for the class I didn't teach!

You can go HERE to read about how we're going to approach studying women of the Bible in this series. 

(Reminder:  the following are my class notes from a young wives Bible class that I teach.  They are not a complete lesson.)

So why didn't I even start the lesson, I was prepared!  

We always start our class with a little chit-chat getting caught up on the week's happenings since we last met and this week it was obvious that one young lady needed some encouragement.  She was facing some things that had her a bit anxious, so I set my prepared lesson aside and we spent the whole class time encouraging her.  Yes, we did!  We had an old-fashioned hen party and by the end of class she was feeling better ... which was the goal.

Ladies, sometimes we need to set aside our prepared lessons and listen to the hearts of those we teach.  Teaching God's Word is so very important but so is living it in front of others.

That's all this week!

(Don't forget that we'll also be starting a verse-by-verse in-depth study on Martha when our Thursday Ladies Bible class resumes this Thursday!)

May God be glorified in all that we do!

patsy @ From This Heart of Mine

In the spirit of Titus 2:3-5 and from this heart of mine ...

Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

1 comment:

  1. So enjoy your posts. I think talking out problems with others is ministering and so many people need someone to listen. I call that cobbler recipe “ The Cuppa Cobbler “ because of the measurements. I do a cup on the floor, sugar and milk but only use half a stick if butter. I usually slip in a little vanilla too. We need to add about 30 pounds of sweet potatoes to our winter pantry. I wish too I could figure out how to store cabbage longer. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete