Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Scripture Journaling: Psalm 18:1

Context/Background:  David spoke the words of this song to the Lord; the day Jehovah delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul.

Psalm 18:1 ... "I love you Lord, my strength ..."

See also II Samuel 22

(Underlined words in the above scripture are for the purpose of easy location for my personal use.)

Underlined Words/Key Words:

love:  love of the deepest kind.  Expresses the tenderest affection and is elsewhere never used to denote love of man towards God, but only that of God towards man.  (Pulpit Commentary; Coffman Commentary)

strength:  help (Strongs # H2391); horn of my salvation, deliverer, refuge, fortress, shield, rock, stronghold

My thoughts:  can't you just feel the deep gratitude, thankfulness and love bubbling from David's heart for the Lord!

It has long been my prayer that my love for the Lord increase, in fact, I asked Him often to help me love Him more and to open my eyes to all His love and care in my life.

*I love you Lord, my strength! *

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

(c) 2022 by Patsy Norwood.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment