Pages

Friday, October 6, 2023

Praying Scriptures Over Our Children and Grandchildren: Proverbs 1:1-7

This week our small-town schools were hit with a series of bomb threats.  Schools had to be evacuated and then cleared of any threat.  Parents couldn't get to their children and children couldn't get to their parents until the all clear had been given.

Everyone did what they had been trained and were supposed to do.  I applaud the teachers and school officials who were on the front line in the thick of dealing with the children and making on the spot decisions of what needed to be done quickly.  Teachers, I thank God for your level-headedness before the children even though inside you had to be shaken.

I have been giving considerable thought to what I, a grandma, could do.  A grandma who doesn't have any children in the local school system but who knows and loves dearly some of the kids who are.

Then I thought of my own grandchildren who are in school systems in other states, and I knew it was time to get more intentional in my prayers for them and for our local children.

Hence this new endeavor ... our children are being forced to deal with things they should not be forced to deal with, and they need us to stand in the gap for them, mentally, physically and prayerfully.  Mama's and grandma's, I'm specifically talking to you, it's time we united in prayer for those we love so dearly!

This upcoming week, until next Friday, I will be praying Proverbs 1:1-7 over my grands and the local children, especially those whom I know personally.  I hope you will join me in praying for yours.  (The next week and so on, I will choose a different passage to pray over them all week long, if you're interested in being a part of this prayer chain, come on back.)

(I am calling my grands and the children I know individually by name as I go before the throne of God on their behalf.)

Here's what my prayer looked like this morning ...  (I used the ESV of the Bible and I wrote my prayer out as I brought it before God.)

Father in Heaven,

I pray that ____________ 

will know wisdom and instruction ...

will understand words of insight ...

will receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity ...

will be wise in hearing and increase in learning ...

will recognize and realize that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and that fools despise wisdom and instruction.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Let's do this, let's make praying for our children and grandchildren a priority!

In Him,

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

(c) 2023 by Patsy Norwood ~ All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. That is so scary when reality comes so close to home. We have a tendency to think those things could not happen near us. I am thankful that all are safe. I am praying this for all my grandchildren, public school, home school and toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana, it is quite scary and to see the effect it has on the children is heartbreaking!

      Delete
  2. I have five great grandchildren in school. The things today's parents & kids have to deal with on a daily basis is mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete