Pages

Monday, September 18, 2023

Devotional Thoughts: Psalm 23

This morning as I worked on the first month’s study in The Crown Bible study by Cindy Colley, I was touched by the reminder that our Good Shepherd cares.

We’re in Psalms 23 this month and as I read it, I was touched at how many ways this Psalms tells me that the Good Shepherd does indeed care!

Psalm 23

1  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2  He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.

3  He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.

4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.

6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I stopped and marked (yellow highlights in the picture) the ways He cares, the things He does that shows He cares listed in this passage of Scripture and added a ‘He cares!’ notation in the margin next to it.  (This would be a great passage to do a whole Bible study on, what David meant and possibly felt as he penned the Psalm and what it means for Christians today!)

I don’t know about you, but sometimes when the devil gets in my head, I need a reminder that the Good Shepherd cares and this passage is a good one.

Update:  later the same day ...  I listened to this sermon by Dan Winkler titled, Trust In Him Who Will Not Leave You based on Psalm 23.  If you are a Christian and you are carrying a heavy burden, I cannot recommend enough that you listen to this sermon as soon as you can.  There are many biblical nuggets of wisdom throughout the lesson that my heart clung to, this being one ... 'God will not play tug of war with your trials. You either give it to Him and let Him do His work with trust or carry on the way you are in misery.'   I needed to hear that, maybe you do too ...

May you have a blessed day!

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

(c) 2023 by Patsy Norwood ~ All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment