Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Memorizing Scripture: Isaiah 41:13

One of my ongoing spiritual goals is to memorize as much scripture as I can.  Being of an older age this is not as easy as it once was and it takes me longer than it once did, but nevertheless I am determined to try.

(One method I'm using is to write the scripture on an index card and place it on my refrigerator door.  Since I go by the refrigerator and or have cause to open the door several times a day, it gives me several opportunities to pause and read it.  This simple act gets me off to a good start!)

The next scripture on my list to commit to memory is Isaiah 41:13 ... 

For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I am the one who helps you."  (ESV)

The mental image that comes to mind when I read and meditate on this verse is one of my sharing the latest challenge in my life with God.  As He listens, He reaches for my hand and gently reminds me that He doesn't want me to be afraid, that He will help me.

What a comfort it is to be a child of God!

patsy @ From This Heart Of Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment